Dear UC Merced Investigators,
ORED launched its new, web-based Cayuse Research Suite of contracts and grants software in July 2014. The suite is now the official system for submitting proposals for federal, extramural research grants at UC-Merced.
Use Cayuse424 to submit all your proposals to federal agencies unless the proposal is one of the following:
- a collaborative submission to NSF—submit this type of proposal through FastLane
- a proposal to a non-federal agency that requires submission through the sponsor's submission system
- a proposal requiring a grants.gov application package not supported by Cayuse424
- a standard proposal to NSF—you may continute to prepare and submit these through FastLane.
In addition, every proposal—regardless of submission method, including paper—must have an accompanying CayuseSP record which is the campus's system of records for grants and contracts.
The Sponsored Research Office (SRS) continues to be the authorized institutional entity that reviews and submits all complete proposals to extramural agencies.
More information on Cayuse424:
- Instructions for Creating a Proposal in Cayuse424.
We are confident that these changes will improve the process of proposal preparation and submittal, and provide you with better service.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development Samuel J. Traina and/or RDS Interim Director Peter Schuerman. Peter may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and Sam can be reached at email@example.com.