Staff members in Research Development Services (RDS) help answer your questions on all aspects of research development.
We provide expert advice and support to assist you with planning, writing and submitting proposals for extramural research funding. Through custom training, and group and individual consultations, we help you develop proposals that blend your expertise with the requirements and policies of funding opportunities, build relationships with funding agencies and potential collaborators and build strategies to reach your career goals.
The goals of the Research Development Services (RDS) unit in the Office of Research and Economic Development at UC Merced are to:
- expand the capacity of faculty members at UC Merced to pursue major multi- and interdisciplinary team-based research initiatives; and
- promote growth in campus extramural funding for research and graduate training.
- Identify and disseminate information on research funding opportunities
- Provide advice and assistance on responding to new, emerging and changing funding opportunities and environments
- Help identify potential collaborators
- Provide custom training on proposal writing and grantsmanship
- Offer advice and assistance on interpreting and complying with funders' proposal policies
- Support for planning, coordinating and submitting large and/or complex proposal efforts
- Proposal writing and editing to maximize effective communication and responsiveness to funder requirements